суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

florida ground covers




School isnapos;t hard. Itapos;s working a full time job and trying to go to school full time thatapos;s the killer.

I donapos;t think Iapos;ve ever been so sleep-deprived in my entire life. These are the first two days in a row that Iapos;ve had time off of both school AND work (with the exception of the weekend after my grandfather passed). Iapos;m taking the day to just....be lazy. Iapos;m picking up Ruth from CSUF and weapos;re going to look at bridesmaid dresses at Davidapos;s Bridal. Not anything big, I just need to do something fun.

A coworker asked if I wanted to hang out. As gung-ho as Iapos;ve been on the idea of refusing to make friends with people at work...I caved. Iapos;m so ronery...so ronery...so ronery and sadry arone. Lol. But seriously, I just need someone to hang out with that isnapos;t my fiance or my roommate. I love Alex and Ruth, but there is something called "too much of a good thing". The only thing is she said something about how she wants to go to a bar sometime soon, and seeing as I donapos;t drink anymore that may be an awkward conversation. Plus, even if I went and DIDNapos;T drink, Iapos;d rather not sit there with a glass of orange juice and taking random cat calls from the local drunks. I get that enough from the fucking day laborers at my job.

Speaking of my job...they made me take this online class about how to communicate better with our customers who donapos;t speak English, saying how we should learn phrases in Spanish to better communicate. You know, Iapos;m all for helping people out, but Iapos;m not going to go out of my way to try and speak with someone who isnapos;t bothering to learn English.

I have NOTHING against Mexicans....anyone who grew up with me WHERE I grew up can attest to that. I just get sick of people coming up to me...me being very VERY obviously white...speaking Spanish to me and assuming that I understand them. And then they have the audacity to get pissed off at me when I say I donapos;t speak spanish. Itapos;s really a bunch of bullshit. I consider myself a very liberal woman, however...this is the U.S. My native language is nothing other than English, and I shouldnapos;t be expected to learn another language to be able to cater to people who arenapos;t putting forth the effort to learn ours, which they should be doing if theyapos;re going to reside here.

I really LOVE it when people who have a hard time speaking English just try, even if itapos;s not perfect and they donapos;t pronounce things or say things correctly. Iapos;m just happy that theyapos;re trying, because when you move to another country you cannot expect the native people to cater to you. No way would I move to Korea and expect them to speak English for me. It just makes me really happy that theyapos;re trying to fit into the community and make their residency here easier. Itapos;s awesome. But Iapos;ve known too many people from back home...my friend Teresa is a prime example. Her parents came over from Mexico when her mom was pregnant with Teresa...so 1986. Her mother STILL cannot speak more than 5 words of English. She can understand it alright, but thatapos;s only half of the battle. Sheapos;s had ample time to learn, but she never put forth the effort. Those are the type of people that make me angry, because itapos;s those people who I have to cater to.

So thatapos;s my rant on why I hate Home Depot...and people who move here and donapos;t bother to learn English. And itapos;s not just Mexicans, people from China and Japan and Russia and different European countries...just so happens that half of Home Depotapos;s customers (thatapos;s a store demographic) are Hispanic.

K. Iapos;m done.
florida ground covers, florida ground cover plant, florida ground cover, florida grosvenor orlando resort.



Комментариев нет: